Monticello repository structure

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon Sep 22 08:01:29 UTC 2003

On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 01:34 AM, goran.krampe at bluefish.se
wrote:

"Mark A. Schwenk" <mas at wellthot.com> wrote:
> As the number of packages and versions stored in Monticello grows, it
> would be helpful to have more structure in the repository to help
> manage
> it.

> For example, http://beta4.com/mc/ could be the root of a
> repository that
> is used for multiple packages and have the packages in subdirectories
> such as
> http://beta4.com/mc/Seaside/
> http://beta4.com/mc/Kom/
> http://beta4.com/mc/KomServices/

I can't tell from this message - you do know that there are already a
set of directories at almost exactly those URLs, right?  They don't
match the package name exactly, but I'm not sure that's a good idea.
For example, you'll notice that /mc/monticello contains versions for a
few different packages.  I think ad-hoc grouping of packages like that
is useful, and wouldn't want to enforce a convention that didn't allow
it.  However, as you can tell from http://beta4.com/mc, I do think that
*some* structure is a good idea.