SqueakMap & monticello feature requests

Mark A. Schwenk mas at wellthot.com
Mon Sep 22 17:36:02 UTC 2003

Ned Konz wrote:
> On Sunday 21 September 2003 11:50 pm, Mark A. Schwenk wrote:
>
>>Ned Konz wrote:

>>>It's a SAR with all the .mcv packages inside.
>>
>>It appears that SARinstaller wants to laod MonticelloCVS to deal
>>with the .mcz members, even though that package should not be
>>required now.
>

> Which SARInstaller version do you have? I recently posted a fix CS.

I was using the SqueakMap version for 3.6:

	SARInstaller for 3.6 (18)

I thought that version would be the most up-to-date. I didn't have the
fixes loaded. Is it because the package is part of the 3.6 image that
you can't update the SqueakMap package to include the latest fixes?

>>If I let SARInstaller load MonticelloCVS, it eventually blows up
>>because it does not seem to understand that the .mcz files are zip
>>files.
>

> What do you mean?
>
> What blows up?
>
> What .mcz files? I was referring to a SAR with .mcv files (SAR files
> can't currently handle .mcz files).

The current version of Monticello seems to write .mcz files, not .mcv
files. What I meant was that SARInstaller, as you stated, doesn't
properly handle .mcz files.

Thanks for your help!
-Mark