3.6g VM on FreeBSD 5.1

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Tue Sep 23 21:28:43 UTC 2003

Greetings all!

I downloaded and compiled the source from Ian's excellent site, and all
has gone well. Running inisqueak works flawlessly, and with one
exception, my images are opening and working well.

The exception is an older image from the ComSwiki bundle from the
Squeak Wiki. I was using as recently as 3.6 beta 3, which I compiled,
but under FreeBSD 4.8. When I try to run that now, I get a Segmentation
Fault and a core file.

I'm not sure, but the ComSwiki distro might be a 3.2 image, although
that shouldn't matter, should it?

Any ideas on steps I can take to troubleshoot the issue?

thanks!

Brian