[Babel] Looking for more translators

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Sep 26 08:42:01 UTC 2003

<diegogomezdeck at consultar.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> I can spend the time to produce a changeset (or some changesets) but I need
> some type of confidence that my job get not ignored again.  I really have a
> *LOT* of things to do for our project with LinEx and I don't want to waste
> it if Babel has not an opportunity.

"Ignored again"? What are you referring to (just wondering)? The UI
stuff? As far as I know that stuff is also a prime candidate for 3.7 -
but IIRC there were some discussions on it.

Anyway, I haven't had the time to look at Babel yet but generally I
can't see why this wouldn't be a prime candidate for 3.7.

Another question (that somebody else also brought up I think) - what
happens when the image/packages evolve? What are your thoughts on this?

regards, Göran

PS. Just downloading the image - the screenshots look really cool!

PPS. I did hack together a little translation mechanism in Dolphin the
other week using some become:-tricks (in order to switch String
instances "in place" inside the UIs, without having to know how to get
to them) and also hacking the serialization mechanism in there.