SubEthaEdit

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Fri Sep 26 15:33:57 UTC 2003

Marcus Denker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yesterday, Markus Gaelli and myself did some "pair writing".
>
> We decdided to try SubEthaEdit:
> (http://wwwbruegge.in.tum.de/projects/hydra/subethaedit/)
>
> If anyone on the list ever has the chance to try this, do it!
> It's an amzing experience. The program is a quite simple text
> editor, with Multi-user editing.
>
> We had two powerbooks on the kitchentable, and worked on the
> article for some hours. Really nice.
>
> This of course got us to think about the consequences of having
> true collabortion in Squeak itself... I think this would really
> transform the way the community works. (e.g. pair harvesting).
>
> I have to admit that I never tried to use nebraska. is this
> stable/fast enough for real work?

I tested a few years back and it was great fun. It's easy to
use, just press the 'share' button in the navigator flap.
I used it over my cable modem with Bob Arning and we chatted in a
Workspace and did a little drawing etc.
Some intensive tasks can slow you down.
But it's so much more advanced than all the other tools I'v used
on internet/networking that I'm (not) surprised it's not been more used.

Karl