[ANN] 3.6gamma candidate image available

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Sep 30 22:29:16 UTC 2003

"Thomas A Petersen" <tpeterse at csc.com> wrote:
> Hi Goran and fellow Squeakers,
>
> 1.  Sory I didn't get back to you sooner.  the day job, a death
> in the family, and helping teenagers with homework tends to eat
> too much time.

So sorry to hear of your loss.

> 2.  I cleared out my \Squeak\sm direcotry and fired up a fresh
> 3.6 gamma 1 image.  From the world menu: Open | Package browser
> I get:

Hmmm, isn't it terrible when you see people get bitten by a single line
of code you wrote and thought "Do I need to check for the existence of
the file AND the directory? Nah, the directory should do - if that is
there then surely there must be a file in there...". Oops. :-)

The bug is in the beginning of SMSqueakMap>>synchWithLog - as you can
see it only checks that the directory exists - it should also check that
at least one logfile is there...

I am fixing this now (doing lots of tiny fixes accumulated) and plan to
release tomorrow.
In the meantime - remove the "sm" directory too and try again. :-)

regards, Göran