Linux won't let me send you my VM hacks.

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Thu Apr 1 03:01:35 UTC 2004

I tried sending my VM to one of the people who responded to my offer.
Unfortunately I was bitten by a linux problem which has been hounding me
since I "upgraded" to 2.6.x, I am utterly unable to transmit files
larger than about 20k over my modem connection.

Never mind that my modem had been rock solid for the 35 hours
immediately preceding that attempt...

This is a 100% reproducable problem on this setup which I am unable to
diagnose further.

Complaining on the kernel bugtraq doesn't help anything.