[UPDATES] 52 for Squeak3.7alpha, advance to 3.7beta - problems

Brent Pinkney brent.pinkney at aircom.co.za
Thu Apr 1 12:35:14 UTC 2004

Hi Avi,

Cheeky was meant in the lightest possible way. I meant no offence to Ned.

Someone, somewhere will require time and time support where no two events
can occur at the same time. I am at least one such person.

If we keep the monotonicity we establish a nice elegant standard that two
sequential exections of time now MUST occur at different times becuase
they were processed sequentially.

But I appreciate others find it an unneccessary extension.

I would argue that the Chonology package introduces other significant
benefits over and above mere ANSI compatibility which have argued for its
inclusion.

Perhaps just the (psuedo) nano-second precision and associated strict
monotonicy should be a SqueapMap extension.

In that case the updates are fine and I will register my wee
accurateDateAndTimeNow-brp changeset on SM.

Cheers

Brent