Linux won't let me send you my VM hacks.

smallsqueak.net smallsqueak at rogers.com
Thu Apr 1 18:12:13 UTC 2004

Hi Alan,

> I tried sending my VM to one of the people who responded to my offer.
> Unfortunately I was bitten by a linux problem which has been hounding me
> since I "upgraded" to 2.6.x, I am utterly unable to transmit files
> larger than about 20k over my modem connection.
>
> Never mind that my modem had been rock solid for the 35 hours
> immediately preceding that attempt...

  It's just arrived in my mail box.

  Thanks for pushing it through.

  It's great to have VMMaker spitting out interp.c
  and objmem.c and restoring the clean interface
  between bitecode interpretor and object memory
  (no more interpreter isa objectmemory joke ;-).

  Best wishes for pushing it into next release.

  Cheers,

  SmallSqueak.