VMMaker 3.7 beta2 available

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 1 18:17:13 UTC 2004

The latest VMMaker package is now available on my website.

This is for 3.7 and is the second beta release. For now (due to lack of
effective sourceforge access) you will have to also fetch CrossPatch.zip
and put the three files it contains into your copy of
platfors/Cross/vm. If someone (Ned perhaps?) could upload the files it
would be useful.

Go to http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim/pooters/SqFiles/packages/VMMaker
and grab VMMaker3-7b2.sar and CrossPatch.zip

This is experimental. VMs built from this code have been tried on
several platforms with apparent success. That doesn't mean there will be
no problems. Performance seems to be slightly improved according to
tests so far. I have not seen nor heard of any crashes caused by the
new code.

It is NOT currently on SM since it is not yet the official release.

It IS on squeaksource as an experiment in getting it to work that way.

tim
Oxymorons: Advanced BASIC