resend of lost mail > Re: morphs and submorphs as class files

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Thu Apr 1 18:33:55 UTC 2004

  Hello,

  It wasn't lost, I think.  But Can you clarify what you're trying?  I
can't think of anything to be implied by 'save an object as a class'.

  If it means that you want to have multiple copys of the same object,

  aBookMorph copy openInWorld
or
  ActiveHand attachMorph: aBookMorph copy.

may do what you want to do.

  Then, what is "dirs".  Directories to manage files? (Or print the
directory stack?)  What is object pattern?  Oh, I see, I guess you
want to make it work even you don't copy the .morph file.

  I'd suggest to create a new class something like
"PrototypeInstantiator" that creates a copy of the specified object.

  In regards to speech, it is a good idea, I think.

-- Yoshiki