[ANN]A plan for 3.8/4.0... (insert drumroll here)

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Fri Apr 2 07:33:35 UTC 2004

>This was intended as a "short" announcement but turned lengthy. Dan will
>probably post shortly with more specifics, and I think Craig too etc.
>Anyone in the community that wants to participate more actively in these
>projects should of course not hesitate to contact Dan, Craig or any of
>us Guides.

That sums it up pretty well, Goran.  Many thanks.

In the next day or so I'll start a page on the Swiki and send out a brief message about the project.

>Phew. It looks like a busy spring, doesn't it? But FUN! Hmmm, Itanium...
>well, how hard can an Opteron port be after that, eh?

Ian is going to be helping me through the hard parts and, as he says, if we do it right, the G5 and any other 64-bit machine ought to run right out of the box.

Yes, a fun-filled spring, indeed.

	- Dan