[BUG] Cannot connect to 127.0.0.1:45677 Re: [ANN] RMT (RemoteMessaging Toolkit)

Masashi Umezawa umejava at mars.dti.ne.jp
Sat Apr 3 09:10:12 UTC 2004

Hi,

I brought up my old iBook and tested.
The problem seems to be in the start-up time of the server socket.

If you insert 'wait' in the example codes, they are successful.

For example:

service _ RmtTcpService on: 45677.
service start.
(Delay forSeconds:1) wait. "<-wait. It takes a little in mac"
client _ RmtRpcConnector connect: 'localhost' port: 45677.

I'll see if the same problem resides in Unix, and update my example codes.
But they were just example codes, at least RMT SUnit tests were all green.;->

Thanks,

Fri, 02 Apr 2004 10:07:12 -0300
"Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene" <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> Masashi:
> I do the following steps.
> 1) Download a fresh Squeak3.7beta
> 2) Open package loader
> 3) load KomServices-1.0.sar from SM
> 4) load RMT from SM
> I having the attached walkback.
> I test on Mac OS X 10.2.6 and on Mac OS 9.1 , because I remember some
> problem when I try rST and send a fix to Diego.
> I start to follow code , just in case I was lucky and found why this happen.
---
[:masashi | ^umezawa]