[BUG] Cannot connect to 127.0.0.1:45677 Re: [ANN] RMT(RemoteMessaging Toolkit)

Masashi Umezawa umejava at mars.dti.ne.jp
Sun Apr 4 15:53:15 UTC 2004

Hi,

Sat, 03 Apr 2004 08:39:51 -0300
"Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene" <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> On 03/04/04 06:10, "Masashi Umezawa" <umejava at mars.dti.ne.jp> wrote:
>
> > I brought up my old iBook and tested.
> Good you have one (me too and that is with 9.1)

Yes. I keep my iBook only for testing Squeak. :-)

I upgraded the OS to 10.3.3. So, I  tested in a newest environment.
Squeak is 3.7beta and VM is 3.7.2 beta1.

RmtNetworkingTest class>>example1 works after I inserted
'(Delay forSeconds:1) wait' line.

I still think the problem was in my original example code. It assumes that
a server process blocks until its socket is ready. But, if you see Service>>start,
you can see a new server process forks. So, it is not predictable a client
can connect to the server immediately after the 'service start' line.

I think it is reasonable to insert a delay line in this case.
Or you can change the service process priority like:

service _ RmtTcpService on: 45677.
service priority: Scheduller userInterruptPriority.
service start.
client _ RmtRpcConnector connect: 'localhost' port: 45677.

But, of course, it changes the default service-handling priority,
so you have to be careful.

> My test.
> On iBook with 9.1 , work as you said.
> On iMac 2 with 10.2.6 don¹t work.
> If you look in example of TcpService and see
>
> | count listener |
>     count _ 0.
>     listener _ ComancheListener
>         on: 8123
>         handler:
>             [ :socket |
>             count _ count + 1.
>             Transcript show: socket getData.
>             socket closeAndDestroy].
>     listener forkAndListenWhile: [count < 5].
>
> In 3.7 we don't have getData , so I load my RemoteExperiments, This is a
> elemental little toy for command SqueakLight server from a regular image.
> Uses a couple of methods from rST by Diego Gomez Deck.
> Lets send and receive objects and with String compiler in remote you can do
> nice tricks.
> This works fine , but not example.
> I attach, just in case.

You mean RmtNetworkingTest class>>example1 does not work
even if you insert the delay line? If so, I may  misunderstand something.

Cheers,
---
[:masashi | ^umezawa]