Namespaces (was: Re: [ANN]A plan for 3.8/4.0...(insertdrumrollhere))

Roel Wuyts Roel.Wuyts at ulb.ac.be
Tue Apr 6 08:56:46 UTC 2004

On 06 Apr 2004, at 11:31, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:

[cut stuff - see below]

> That is not what I mean, though I agree I haven't defined my meaning of
> the word. :)
>
> The "idea" is to not be afraid of conflicts - but instead "embrace
> them"
> and acknowledge them as a "good thing" because they prevent
> "reinventing
> wheels" and pollution of the global namespace that we still have in our
> heads (!). And then handle them as they appear. I think my next post
> will make it clearer with actual scenarios etc what I mean.

Yes!!! Someone who got the common point of traits and classboxes :-)
"Conflicts" are good and interesting, and need to be tackled explicitly
by the developer with some composition mechanism. If you're thinking
along these lines then I am really looking forward to your proposal :-)
There is some tricky issues but I will comment on your proposal if I
find the time :-)

--
Roel Wuyts
   DeComp