Flow experiences

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at cableone.net
Tue Apr 6 12:30:59 UTC 2004

I've been playing around installing and attempting to install Flow in
various images.

Flow does not install into Stock 3.6 or greater images.

These images do not contain required packages/software.

Missing is PWS, PluggableCodeGenerator, SystemTracer.
If you add those things to the 3.6 image, the install fails due to
already having #OldSocket in the image as it tries to rename the #Socket
hierarchy to #OldSocket.

The 3.7 image also does not have the VM-Interpreter* (Simulator,
CCodeGenerator) classes etc. which are required.

I successfully installed into a stock 3.4 image.
Works on Windows, not on my Linux machine yet.
I believe I need to compile the plugin for my machine.

This is with this version of Flow.
http://netjam.org/smalltalk/sources/flow/flow2a.zip

It is the only version I can find.
Is this the correct version?

It also doesn't look like the architecture on:
http://netjam.org/flow/architecture.html

Just want to make sure I playing with the right stuff and inform of what
is working and what isn't.

Thanks,

Jimmie