[FIX] AddAllFix-ac ( [er][sm][et] The problem reported still exists )

Frank Caggiano frank at crystal-objects.com
Tue Apr 6 13:26:58 UTC 2004

Andrew Catton wrote:

> frank at crystal-objects.com wrote:
>
>> The problem reported by this bug/fix report from last August stiil
>> exists in 3.7b, The fix proposed does prevent the inifinite loop. Is
>> this the best way to go about this?
>>

> I submitted a fix for this back in the fall, but have since changed my
> mind about the best thing to do in this situation.  The submitted fix,
> IIRC, added the collection parameter to a copy of self when it == self.
>  I'm now pretty convinced that an error should just be raised when the
> parameter == self (since it is almost definitely unintentional, and if
> you really wanted to do this for some reason you could always explicitly
> use a copy yourself).  Does this sound sensible?
>
> Andrew

Yes I believe the original report I was commenting on was from you. You
can close the original report then, as it is yours, and submit a new one
with the change you now propose.

regards

--
Frank Caggiano				"The best education for the best
caggiano at crystal-objects.com		is the best education for all."

Logo Users Ring
http://www.crystal-objects.com/logo/logoring.html