A little namespace "proposal"

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Tue Apr 6 13:37:31 UTC 2004

om

My own "solution" to what is termed here as an issue of "namespaces" is
what I call the Sphere Operating System. =)  (yes, that again. ;)

Like the proposals that I have seen in the last few days Sphere too
splits the system into seperate dictionaries. -- the closest analogue in
today's Squeak is the Environment class.

Sphere attempts to exploit the underlying idea and, through additional
semantics, uses it to address the problems of security and partitioning.

I've made a few attempts at implementing it but that work is stalled at
the moment while I learn more about the VM by hacking it... =P

A reciently revised document describing the idea is at
http://users.rcn.com/alangrimes/UCE/sphere.txt