A little namespace "proposal"

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Apr 6 15:56:48 UTC 2004

Brent Pinkney <brent.pinkney at aircom.co.za> wrote:

> > Also noted that 1000 lookups using DNU took 14 ms, skipping the DNU and
> > adding a method which does the lookup brought it down to 7 ms, and
> > finally just turning it into a class instvar and returning that took 1
> > ms.
> >

> If you stand really far away, your namespace implementation starts to look
> a lot like the SharedPool class.
>
> That may be a hint to us.

Note that the previous post with the DNU stuff etc was not a "serious"
proposal. It was just brainfood. :) I think having classes act as
Namespaces is a bit strange - just like Roel pointed out.

Just because we *can* do it, doesn't necessarily mean it is a good
thing. Even though late binding intuitively feels nice. :)

regards. Göran