A little namespace "proposal"

Nevin Pratt nevin at bountifulbaby.com
Tue Apr 6 19:49:43 UTC 2004

Chris Muller wrote:

>So if the proposed solution only reduces, not eliminates name collisions, I
>suggest we consider doing the simplest thing that can possibly work.  NOTHING!

What if there was a very simple "solution" that did not eliminate the
possibility, but instead just reduced it to, say, one chance in one
trecentillion (10 to the 903 power-- see
http://www.uni-bonn.de/~manfear/numbers_names.php).  Would that work?

If that was not good enough (one chance in 10^903), then why not?

And if it *was* good enough, what does that say about your statement above?

Nevin

--
Nevin Pratt

Bountiful Baby
http://www.bountifulbaby.com
The Most Complete Reborn Supply Store On The Web!

(801) 992-3137