[ENH] StandardFileMenu

Maarten Maartensz maartens at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 6 21:00:10 UTC 2004

Hi,

In Squeak 3.7a #5607 the StandardFileMenu class-side is nicely symmetric for
nearly all options, except for ' oldFileFrom: aDirectory ', which is not matched
by ' oldFileFrom: aDirectory withPattern: aPattern '.

I needed it, so I added it. Here is my addition, since it seems generally useful
to have:

-- begin

oldFileFrom: aDirectory withPattern: aPattern
"
Select an existing file from a selection conforming to aPattern.
"
 ^(self oldFileMenu: aDirectory withPattern: aPattern)
  startUpWithCaption: 'Select a File:' translated

-- end

This is also in the attachment.

There is the same lack for ' newFileFrom: ' in StandardFileMenu and the eventual
repair is on the same lines.

Regards,

Maarten.

Maarten Maartensz. Homepage: