Where is Squeak Headed?

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Wed Apr 7 04:18:12 UTC 2004

Folks -

In cruising around the Swiki today I came across this page, or set of pages, which has my name on it, and found it to be lamentably, nay criminally, out of date.  It feels like it (the page, not Squeak) has been kind of in suspended animation while I was not active.

There are many forces and movements in this community, and what I feel is needed here is more of an editor, to extract and assemble summaries from a number of projects.  I would be happy to perform this role for one go-round, but it needs to be handed off to someone else with a will to carry it on.  In fact it may be that one or more of us are already thinking about this, and would like to take it over right now.  All I want to do is to get the process going.

So if you have in mind an area that needs to be covered, if you feel moved to write a paragraph about some such area, or if you'd like to collaborate on, or take over the project of, summarizing the State of Squeak and Where it's Headed, please send something to me privately or on the list.

I am busy right now, so (a) I'm not going to do anything in a hurry and (b) you don't have to rush to get yourself heard.  Mainly, as I said before, I just want us to get started to fill this hole in our front yard.

Thanks in advance

	- Dan