[ENH] NewProgressBar

Alexander at Lazarevic.de Alexander at Lazarevic.de
Wed Apr 7 14:09:56 UTC 2004

With some good advice I've written some new code that performs better
than what I had in DefaultProgressBar. Because it is mostly new code (in
NewProgressMorph) I made a new changeset and will close the
DefaultProgressBar enhancement on BFAV.

Alex

"Change Set:		NewProgressBar
Date:			7 April 2004
Author:			Alexander at Lazarevic.de

A different progress bar will be displayed for MVC and Morphic. This
also ensures that a progress bar gets removed. In Morphic progress bars
get stacked, the most recent one is at the bottom

This changeset makes the DefaultProgressBar changeset obsolete. The
postscript contains a hack to remove the old ProgressMorph and to
install the new one, even if a version of the changeset
DefaultProgressBar was installed earlier.

Thanks Karl, Dan and Yoshiki for advice on how to make things faster or
look better!

Test:
This should be even faster now.

['Now you see it... '
	displayProgressAt: Display center
	from: 0 to: 1e5
	during: [:bar | 1 to: 1e5 do: [:i | bar value: i]]] timeToRun.

This is an example how progress bars get stacked:

ProgressMorph example"