about gtk server

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Apr 7 15:21:17 UTC 2004

danil osipchuk <danil at tsnet.ru> wrote:
> Hello, Goran
>
> Your buttons look much better than those from gtk-server examples (I
> know almost nothing about gtk; are gtk+ and gtk2 the same? going to read
> docs).

Probably because I use a newer version of Gtk I guess. Note also that it
depends on which Gtk+ theme is used.

Gtk2 is probably just short for Gtk+ version 2.x.

> I also wrongly offended network code - with commented debug output to
> transcript perfomance is acceptable. So this way is usable right now,
> although your way seems much more sound (and difficult).

Yes, it is more difficult indeed. :) But it may buy us some cool things
eventually. For example, we might even be able to somehow map Morphic
into a Gtk Canvas or something and thus get "multiple windows" out of
it, which should be interesting even for those that dislike Gtk+ itself.
:)

> regards, Danil

regards, Göran