[ENH] NewProgressBar (reviewed [er][et])

Alexander Lazarević Alexander at Lazarevic.de
Wed Apr 7 21:10:39 UTC 2004

Hi!

Am Mittwoch, 7. April 2004 22:03 schrieb Yoshiki Ohshima:
>   I tested this.  The 'at: aPoint' argument seems to be ignored, but
> I think it is ok.

I kept this for the MVC progress display code. The Progress Morph is always
placed in the center of the Squeak Window.

[tests deleted]

>   The performance penalty, compared to the 'direct to Display'
> version, is some 25%.  Which I think quite reasonable.

I used your first test case (the second seems to got garbled somehow?) to do a
quick benchmark and it took around 36 seconds to run with MVC progress
display and 30 seconds with the morphic variant. This is on windows and 5868
image. (On my slower Linux machine I got 110s MVC and 125s morphic). What did
you test on what architecture?

Alex