Use same subject when posting new versions (was Re: [ENH] NewProgressBar)

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Wed Apr 7 21:30:16 UTC 2004

Am 07.04.2004 um 21:12 schrieb Doug Way:

> Just a reminder... it's generally better if you keep new versions of
> fixes/enhancements in the same group in the BFAV, by using the same
> subject line (with an extra comment in parentheses if needed).  Even
> if it is a completely new implementation.  For example:
>
> [ENH] DefaultProgressBar (v2 replaces the old one)
>
> This way we have the whole history of how the enhancement progressed
> in one group in the BFAV, and we don't have to worry about closing the
> old one, etc.

And for something almost, but not quite, totally different:

If you start a new topic, please DO NOT reply to an older one and just
edit the subject line. A threading mail client will think that your new
subject belongs to the thread you replied to (this is tracked in an
invisible mail header). Instead, PLEASE write a new message.

- Bert -