Harvesting Party Sunday April 11th 13:00 GMT

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Apr 8 17:49:51 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 11:25, Samuel Tardieu wrote:

> Ken> Just a reminder that the next Harvesting Party will take place
> Ken> between 13:00 (1 PM) and 17:00 (5 PM) GMT Sundary April 11th,
> Ken> 2004.
>
> Hi Ken.
>
> Are those Harvesting Party useful? Do bugs really get squashed? Do you
> have statistics?

First of all the harvesting parties take place around the clock and
neither I nor anyone else can attend each and every one of them.
Statistics are not being recorded.  I think the parties are useful if
only to bring attention to the need for harvesting.

I will note that squashing bugs is not the primary goal of the
harvesting parties.  Bug squashing occurs regularly in this community.
Where we have traditionally had a bottleneck is in the process after a
submission is made in reviewing and approving changes.  It is this part
of the process that harvesting parties are meant to address.

IRC logs are kept so you are welcome to look at the IRC logs for the
times when harvesting parties occur.  Additionally you can correlate
those times to when submissions are made to BFAV.

I think you will find in most cases at least a little increase in
activity.  Considering the only cost is my sending out an occasional
email to the list as a reminder I think even a slight increase in
harvesting is a cost effective result.

Ken