Squeak in Robotics

Roderick Taylor r.taylor at student.qut.edu.au
Fri Apr 9 02:16:19 UTC 2004

Hey again,

I am doing the robotics stuff with squeak.

I've got a working cross compiler for my BlueMod (XScale based
single board computer) which runs a variant of the Familiar
Linux distribution for HP PDAs.  The Xscale's have Memory
Mangement Unit's (MMU's) so it's just like most computer
processors and I don't need uCLinux.

Unfortunately I can't compile Squeak for Unix on the BlueMod
because it doesn't have enough memory to hold the build
environment.  I need to use the cross compiler that I've got
to compile Unix Squeak.  I've compiled a working linux kernel
with this cross compiler so I know it works at least.

Does anybody have any tips on cross compiling Unix Squeak?
Would the easiest way be to rewrite a build system for it?

I am using source for Unix Squeak-3.6-3

Rod