[BUG] Opening a BFAV 2.09 browser in Squeak3.7beta-5868

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Fri Apr 9 04:55:05 UTC 2004

On Thursday, April 8, 2004, at 07:49 AM, frank at angband.za.org wrote:

> Open up a Package Loader, select "BFAV Installer" and install it. When
> asked "Do you want to open BFAV?" (I don't remember the exact wording)
> bit "yes" and experience the pain of a walkback.
>
> PatchArchive class>>named:ifAbsentPut: says "self registry at: aSymbol
> ifAbsentPut: [nil]" only for some weird reason "self registry" returns
> Set, not a Dictionary, which throws a MNU.
>
> I'll be looking into this myself today sometime, I hope.
>
> frank
> <SqueakDebug.log>

Installing and opening BFAV works for me with a fresh 5868 or 5878
image.   Do you have something loaded in your image which might be
conflicting?  Also, make sure you have a reasonably recent VM.

Although looking at your SqueakDebug.log, it looks like you had a
problem trying to send an email via SMTP with the reviewer notepad...
so I'm not sure why it would be trying to do that when you're opening
the BFAV, or if you attached the wrong SqueakDebug.log file.

- Doug