3.7 Full: Developers or Media users?

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Fri Apr 9 05:55:08 UTC 2004

On Thursday, April 8, 2004, at 05:12 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Am 08.04.2004 um 22:20 schrieb Martin Wirblat:
>
>> Diego Gomez Deck <DiegoGomezDeck at ConsultAr.com> wrote on 08.04.2004
>> 20:01:55:
>>>
>>> Hi folks...
>>>
>>> I'm working on assembling the full image for 3.7.
>>>
>>> There are some packages that make sense for developers but for
>>> media-users. (VMMaker, Refactoring Browser, etc).
>>>
>>> The goal in Small-Land is to cover media-users.
>>>
>>> So the question: The Full 3.7 has to cover users AND developers?

Hi Diego.  Good question... that hasn't really been precisely defined.
Well, we have decided that for now, Full is a superset of Basic, and
Basic does include the basic developer tools, at least (browsers,
etc.).  So, there is some support for developers in Full, then, too.

For now, at least, I would tend to keep at least the developer tools
(such as VMMaker) which were already in the earlier Full releases.

It would be nice to have at least the Refactoring Browser available as
part of some sort of prepackaged release.  Whether that should be
Basic, or Full, or a special DeluxeDeveloper image (with a bunch of
other dev tools) on top of Basic, I don't want to arbitrarily decide at
this moment...

- Doug