User interface (invisible world)

Vaidas Didzbalis vaidas at informaciniaiprojektai.lt
Fri Apr 9 10:38:49 UTC 2004

Gary,

Actually this was my friend's question. I showed how easy to build things in
squeak.
I think that it is natural question to ask. I use MS Outlook, Word. Windows
are primarily environment for me. Say Programmer build some Task Management
Tool for internal use in our office. While working with it User wants to see
Windows desktop, he wants to be notified when letters arrive in outlook or
something like that happens. Our company accountant is interested in using
Task List, but he did not want to see any thing he not uses for his daily
work.
In idle state Task List appears as a small window with few buttons. It
occupies tiny place on windows desktop. But, when user chooses New Task, it
opens bigger window to present data entry form, etc...
If that would be possible, squeak would more interesting to "conservative"
developers like friend of mine. He would try it as development environment.
Vaidas