Hypercard replacement project?

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Apr 9 12:31:49 UTC 2004

On 09/04/04 04:36, "Lawson English" <eng7 at mindspring.com> wrote:

> What with the recent complete death of HyperCard, I was just wondering if
> anyone had decided to create a Squeak-based replacement that could use
> existing HC stacks and allow the million or so former HyperCard scripters to
> leverage their experience with HC while converting to Squeak?
>
> I know I heard something about something years ago, or something, but just
> wondered if something was still up?
>
> Lawson
Lawson:
I was an HyperCard lover and still don't understand why Apple kill it and
others come with descendants.

Alan Kay once gently explain me why Squeak is better way and now what I have
more understanding of what Smalltalk/Squeak is, I complete agree.

But for old days memories, still think what one HyperCard stack reader
inside Squeak is a good thing , and if others could join in such project, I
signed in.

Edgar