[FIX] perennial unix build problem...

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Sun Apr 11 15:19:56 UTC 2004

> I hereby offer a free beer to the first person who can explain
> correctly why adding the above to the link line is COMPLETELY AND
> UTTERLY THE WRONG THING TO DO.  (Which it most definitely is. ;)

It bitches about missing OpenGL libraries if you don't. therefore you
are wrong.

While you are free to develop and promote a solution to the problem
which meets your demanding aesthetic criteria you are demonstrably
incorrect to say that it is "completely and utterly wrong" for the
simple fact that my change eliminates all symptoms of the problem.

I readily admit that I did not know about the symlink solution. *shrug*
no big deal.

If you update the CVS so that it actually works without forcing the user
to make changes that you claim he isn't qualified to do I will be hapy
to retract my proposed changes.

In the mean time, retract this stupid "I'll give you a free beer" thing,
I take it as an insult!

I really had to work to figure out that adding $(X_LIBS) would fix the
problem. I think I spent most of a day on it. ___FIFTY___ subsequent
compiles have told me that my fix __WORKS__.

.................................Let me just hit send before I get
_REALLY_ angry.