[FIX] perennial unix build problem...

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Sun Apr 11 17:30:51 UTC 2004

David T. Lewis wrote:

>In any case, the root cause of the problem that Alan reports has
>nothing to do with the Makefile, and presumably needs to be addressed
>by something in the autoconf process.

EARTH TO CAPTAIN DAVE,
Come in, Dave,

Did I _really_ give you a part of a generated Makefile or did I do
exactly as you suggest, and patch one of the files which is used in the
automake process???

Here's a modest proposal:  Take my version of make.prg.in, put it in
./platforms/unix/config , run make in that directory, then make a full
squeak build __BEFORE__ coming on here and accusing _ME_ of being a moron!!!

I readily confess that I am somewhat of a perpetual newbie on a lot of
things and am willing to accept alot of criticism when and where it is
due, HOWEVER, I'm getting sick and tired of being corrected about
matters that I actually got right the first time!!!