[BUG] SM updates won't load

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Apr 13 07:09:18 UTC 2004

Hi!

"Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I was just trying to load something from SM but got a nil DNU: #nextPutAll:.
> Tracking this problem led to SMSqueakMap>>saveCheckpoint:
> contentWithFilename which does a few rather weird things I don't quite
> understand.

Cough, cough... yeah, it is dead stupid code from me. I hoped it
wouldn't break again. :)

[SNIP]
> There is no guarantee at all that compressed binary data cannot
> contain colons and so the code seems to be rather fragile. FWIW, the above
> occurs in both 3.6 and 3.7 images.

I know - I must have been drunk when writing that code. I really need to
sit down and push out my piled up bug fixes.

Anyway, forcing a checkpoint has a kinda high chance of fixing it, which
I just did. Hopefully I get the fixes out before NEXT time. :)

regards, Göran