BFAV, 13937.eml does not exist ?

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Tue Apr 13 16:26:42 UTC 2004

Chris Muller wrote:

>Forgot to attach the stack trace.  Selected "Mail out bug report" and got a
>screen I've never seen before, to make it easy to work with bugs and fixes on
>the list.
>
>Cool!  Except..  my Smtp server needs authentication and it didn't ask..  Just
>a debugger, "Authentication required."
>
>Did I miss something?

I was going to say that authenticated SMTP support is not in Squeak, but
digging around the code, it is there but it's just not being used by the UI.

I've attached a changeset which adds a class-side example to SMTPClient,
which shows how to send an authenticated email.  It wouldn't be too much
extra work to add support for this to that dialog which asks for your
smtp server... For example, the dialog could also accept a string of the
form "mylogin at smtp.company.com", and then ask for a password if that
form is used.

For now, if you want to use BFAV, etc, you could hack SMTPClient>>login.

- Doug