About real packages in monticello

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Apr 13 19:26:01 UTC 2004

Hi avi

nathanael was using monticello a lot recently for the traits and I
think that you can get some valuable comments from him. I send this
email publicly because other MC user may have suggestions too.
My summary on his comments is: we need first class packages to avoid to
rely
on naming conventions and to be able to build more powerful
applications.

Is 3.8 a possible target for your schedule? I think that people may not
want to use monticello
and I respect their choices but the MC users should get something
stronger (real packages).
I really think that there is a need there. Do you want me to ask alex
to help you a bit for the bytecode loader because we have some time now
(at least he should have ;))?

Stef