[Q] Solaris VM: Bus error crash after resizing the squeak-window

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Thu Apr 15 10:42:10 UTC 2004

On 15 Apr 2004, at 11:17, Markus Gaelli wrote:

> our sys-admin just installed the latest Squeak 3.6 from
> http://www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak for the solaris computers of
> our student-pool here in Berne.
>
> He is testing it remotely via X-Windows and gets a bus-error and the
> vm crashes as soon he resizes the squeak window, either manually or by
> "escape browser".

I cannot reproduce this (running on Solaris 2.8 displaying to a remote
Xvnc server with TWM as window manager) no matter how violent I am with
the window or with toggling fullscreen (via world menu or via 'escape
browser' in the Navigator tab).

Can anyone else confirm the problem?

> Any ideas here? What "dump" could I send which would reveal some
> problems?

Starting the VM under gdb and then typing 'bt' at the prompt after a
crash is usually a good start.

Cheers,
Ian