[GOODIE] Namespaces-gk

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Apr 16 01:35:26 UTC 2004

On Apr 15, 2004, at 2:12 PM, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:

>> After the various discussions about namespace granularity, I also
>> wonder at the choice to encourage the user (through the class creation
>> templates) to have one namespace per top-level category.  I'm not sure
>> exactly what we'll want in the long run, but this is probably too
>> fine-grained a default.
>
> Yes, that may be so. We could try to remember the one used when
> creating
> the previous class.

I think this should be determined by the current LookupContext, say,
LookupContext>>defaultNamespaceForSubclassOf:inCategory:.  That way you
could implement a default policy that did whatever you liked (same
namespace as superclass, same namespace as existing classes in the same
category), but leave the door open to things like a NamespaceBrowser
that provided a more specific context.

Avi