[GOODIE] Namespaces-gk

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Apr 16 07:49:15 UTC 2004

> I think this should be determined by the current LookupContext, say,
> LookupContext>>defaultNamespaceForSubclassOf:inCategory:.  That way
> you could implement a default policy that did whatever you liked (same
> namespace as superclass, same namespace as existing classes in the
> same category), but leave the door open to things like a
> NamespaceBrowser that provided a more specific context.

I have problem to understand what is a LookupContext and why we would
like to have multiple of it. May be my understanding of namespace is
too simple. Does it means that I can change the lookup of all the
symbols in a namespace by plugging another lookup context? Does it
really make sense to have that? May be andreas needs that to block
certain names. I have the impression that you use a kind of strategy
pattern for the lookup while I'm wondering why just letting the user
willing to have a special namespace behavior subclass from namespace
and create what it need. Why do we need that? I'm really puzzled.

Stef