[BUG]Unable to load BFAV, various problems

frank.shearar at rnid.org.uk frank.shearar at rnid.org.uk
Fri Apr 16 09:54:37 UTC 2004

Tim Rowledge said:

> > Urk...
> >
> > Does it work if you load a version of BFAV without the FileDirectory methods
> > in it?
> I reverted the version of fileExists: on my winxp laptop and that image
> runs fine on my RISC OS machine.

> We _really_ have to fix the futzing file system....

OK, so just to be super-clear about this, we want to do what the
attached changeset does, ja? (Namely, revert the version of fileExists:)

This changeset also kills FileDirectory>>slowFileExists: because it's
not used, and adds an ensure: to close the opened file in
#quickerFileExists:

Does this issue though mean that we shouldn't use #quickerFileExists: at
all though?

frank