Multiple OS Windows for Squeak?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sat Apr 17 19:00:51 UTC 2004

"Peter William Lount" <peter at ActiveInfo.CA> wrote:

> I just want mutliple os windows, everything else can stay the same as far as
> I'm concerned. I'm working on a new "emulated" gui anyway so all it needs
> are multiple os windows. Also some of my apps are better with multiple
> windows, not to mention having seperate projects in seperate os windows as a
> nice convienience.
There's one thing I suspect can't really stay the same - menus. Within
certain limits one could make pulldown menus work within a window but
really - those are pretty poor UI. To have reasonably flexible popup
menus I strongly suspect you'd need to be able to open an OS window
(adding the need to be able to specify the window decorations) to draw
the menu in.

tim
Useful random insult:- Proof that evolution CAN go in reverse.