Multiple OS Windows for Squeak?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Apr 17 22:59:06 UTC 2004

On Apr 17, 2004, at 1:33 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

>> A Dire Warning - once you start on this path, be ready for demands for
>> host OS widgets, fonts, menus, callbacks, transparent OS handles (and
>> the problems of portability will make you tear your remaining hair
>> out)

Well the historical mac vm code assumes you've only one window, so some
cleanup is required
to fix that issue. I looked into a few years back when I was
considering an About window. Problem was
the changes needed were more than a few hours of work (sigh). Also
subtle things come into play, like
going to full screen, let alone this tendency to refer to the stWindow
global variable directly, versus fetching
the window to draw in, or the window which should processing the UI
events.

===