Latest AClocal breaks unix pre-build process....

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Apr 20 06:03:14 UTC 2004

On Sunday 18 April 2004 6:37 pm, Alan Grimes wrote:
> Deciding to let someone luckey enough to actually have 64-bit hardware
> do the 64-bit port I decided to back out my 64-bit changes.
>
> I reverted to a mostly pure CVS source...
>
> When i ran AClocal I found that my recient system upgrades had broken
> the scripts!
>
> I looked at it but since I don't have any experience with this stuff I
> tried running my current aclocal on some other packages in my system.
>
> The error message itself doesn't seem to make any sense because the
> symbol that it says is missing isn't referanced in any visible fassion! =P
> bash-2.05$ make

So what version of aclocal/automake are you using? It doesn't work with 1.8...

I've got aclocal-1.7 hard-wired into the Makefile, and both 1.7 and 1.8 (and
maybe others too) installed on my system.

Here's my platforms/unix/config/Makefile:

configure : .force
	./mkacinc > acplugins.m4
	aclocal-1.7
	autoconf