Traits in Perl 6

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Apr 20 10:38:55 UTC 2004

Hi guys

I just wanted to let you know that apparently perl 6 will contain
traits.

>> I am not sure if you are aware of not, but the paper you co-authored
>> "Traits - Composable Units of Behavior" has been circulating quite a
>> lot around the perl community. A variation on Traits is being
>> designed into the next major version of perl (version 6) as well.

We are waiting to know more...

We are planning for the end of the week an official release of the beta
version of the new squeak implementation of that nathanael and adrian
did over the last 6 months. My contribution was more into bringing
cookies than actually coding ;). So cool stuff are happening close to
you too.

Stef