[BUG][FIX] SmallWiki and 3.7-5878

frank.shearar at rnid.org.uk frank.shearar at rnid.org.uk
Tue Apr 20 13:25:21 UTC 2004

OK, I know SmallWiki's advertised as being for 3.6.

Having said that, SmallWiki changes TimeStamp class>>now to "^self
current". TimeStamp class>>current says "^self now". This, of course,
causes an infinite recursion.

Update 5829 adds TimeStamp class>>now, so one of two things must happen:

1. Remove TimeStamp class>>now from SmallWiki, or
2. Make 3.7's TimeStamp class>>current do what #now currently does, and
make #now "^self current".

Probably #2's the easiest, since it doesn't change any behaviour in the
main image, and it avoids the issue described above. Hm, actually,
_both_ should be done, since SmallWiki added #now because it's part of
the ANSI spec, not so?

Supposing I've got my head screwed on right today, the attached
changeset performs the necessary image-side stuff.

frank