notes from Squeak presentation to local Smalltalk user group

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Tue Apr 20 15:34:20 UTC 2004

stéphane ducasse wrote:
> have you look at my ready to use images?

I vaguely recall some mention of available demos,
but in my scramble to put things together, I didn't
search too hard. I just looked at:

http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/Web/Demoes/

The readyToUse.image is a vast (almost overwhelming)
collection of all-things-Squeak.

As for the user group, I knew most of them to be
"industrial" Smalltalk developers of many years.
So I assumed they had already tried all the various
Squeak goodies. The point I was trying to get across
was that Squeak/Monticello/Comanche/Seaside/PostgreSQL
is a good platform to develop and deploy web applications.

--yanni