SmallWiki & custom syntax

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at rnid.org.uk
Tue Apr 20 15:42:54 UTC 2004

> Frank Shearar wrote:
>
> > I've not really looked very deeply at SmallWiki, so feel
> free to tell me to
> > shut up & use the source.
>
> No, no, the fine manual ;-)

:)

I see the fine manual says

"As Table 2.1 shows, the syntax of SmallWiki is similar to SqueakWiki or
WikiWorks. Changing the grammar of the parser is no big deal, if you are
more familiar with a different one and want to support that. However, as for
all other parsers, it is difficult to write extensions that can be added and
removed independently in order to parse new document entities."

Now I must just read some more, I think, to find out just _how_ to do this.
I confess I was looking for a method returning a string with the complete
grammar (like SWWikiParser class>>parserDefinitionComment) that I'd just
change and run a magic #updateSyntax method and be done. Who knows - maybe
there is?

frank