Monticello package linter was: RE: [BUG]Unable to load BFAV, various problems

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at rnid.org.uk
Wed Apr 21 09:20:16 UTC 2004

> Short term, I think it's okay to add
> FileDirectory>>quickerFileExists:
> to BFAV.  Then, as soon as Tim (or whoever) fixes
> FileDirectory>>fileExists: properly, remove
> quickerFileExists: and use
> fileExists: instead.
>
> I assume that in your new version of BFAV, no existing methods in
> FileDirectory would be touched/overwritten, and only
> quickerFileExists:
> would be added (which is considerably safer than overwriting).

Yes indeed. As of BFAV-fbs.155 BFAV doesn't override anything in
FileDirectory.

Hm, looking at a Snapshot Browser, it seems that there're a couple of
methods BFAV "overrides" - methods that were presumably once altered but
were later reverted back to their original code.

I wonder - can Monticello pull out all these reverted-overrides (for want of
a better name) into a neat list? I wonder what other things we could look
for? And we could then make a delinter for Monticello packages...

frank