some thoughts related to seaside marketing

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Apr 21 11:22:56 UTC 2004

>> - I already pointed the web site. where is www.seaside.org? with a
>> cool look?
>
> Well, that particular domain is already taken :).  But maybe we should
> try setting up a SmallWiki site, as you did for ESUG, and see where
> that goes.  If someone sets this up I'll do the work of migrating what
> info is already around to it, and we can build out from there.

Ok we will do something.

> The cool look I can't help with...
Lukas told me that they had a working style.

>> - class comments and small examples (your tutorials are a good start
>> but then). we are trying to
>> push a PhP guy to use seaside and he told me that there is no doc and
>> he is nearly right.
>
> Yes, class comments would be good.  I do plan to go through soon and
> add them (it's been a long time since I last did so).
>
>> - Having a small tutorial or cookbook, "building your own shop using
>> seaside" targeted for PhP programmers is important. One french editor
>> said that their sells in PhP books did not drop while all the other
>> drops the last two years.
>
> I'll be starting some work for a client soon that involves building
> some generic support for online stores - stuff like PayPal
> integration.  So maybe that can turn into such a tutorial in the long
> run.

I proposed to the crew here to take one week this summer to come up
with a tutorial for PhP guys.
But this will be two months from now.

>> So I'm sure that you do not have the time to do that BUT you are the
>> leaders so point to the right direction and ask for help. I'm sure
>> good soul will help.
>
> Sure, and thanks for the nudge.  Here's something the community could
> help with: if anyone wants to round up some examples that are used for
> other frameworks and implement them in Seaside, I'll start a
> 'Seaside-Contributed Examples' and include them in the package.  I
> suggest this in particular because it serves a dual purpose: first, to
> provide example code to newbies, with easy comparison to other
> systems.  Second, the more example code I have access to (particularly
> code written by others), the better I can refactor and fine-tune the
> underlying framework.

This is a really nice idea. Having also a repository for widgets and
css style would be good too.
Did you send that too in the seaside mailing-list?

Stef